Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 96 17:38:16 EST
From:      Dan Malek <dan@westford.ccur.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dan@westford.ccur.com
Subject:   Re: rel-2.1.0 and msdos file systems

Thanks to Michael Smith, Julian Elischer, David E. O'Brien, and
Robert Nordier (I don't know who is really on the "questions" list)
for responding.

I will exit using Michael's last statement:

>Eeeew.  How are our intrepid MSDOSFS hackers going?  And are we talking
>MSDOSFS-related VFS corruption, or something more insidious?

I will keep experimenting with various options.  A plain old MSDOS floppy
(no FIPS attempted) seems to work fine, so I would not start pointing
to VFS problems just yet.  Also, I hope I am not just lucky that MSDOSFS
works fine on my 2.0.5 system.  The MSDOS file system seems trivial,
so I guess I will learn about it and try some debugging.  One option I
will also try will be two separate disk drives.  That should answer some
questions.

Thanks again.  Bye.

	-- Dan Malek