Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Essenz Consulting <john@essenz.com>
To:        Graham Allen <maillist@page-designer.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE and Adaptec AIC7892

Graham,

I have used the exact same boards, and have no problems with the onboard
SCSI (aic-7892). I might suggest making sure all the SCSI stuff is setup
right. i.e., using the right cables and pin settings, make sure you have
the active terminator on the end of the chain, etc.,. But the current
driver definitely supports those Supermicro PIIIDM3 AIC-7892 motherboards.

Also, its not too outlandish for the motherboard to be BAD, I have had a
few over the years from supermicro.

-john v.e.