Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:51:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding Jaz drive with sysinstall

I managed to create a FreeBSD partition using sysinstall's custom install.
But sysinstall wouldn't label it.  After 'W'ing the partition changes and
entering the label screen I kept getting a "You must partition the disk"
error when trying to Write the label.

I ended up creating a DOS partition and a FreeBSD partition on the Jaz
cartridge using sysinstall and then running disklabel -r sd2 to see what
raw device it reported.  I then newfs'ed the device manually.

It's a pretty fast device, I set MAKEOBJDIR to /jaz and did a make world
on it and it wasn't that bad.

dmesg tells me that the Jaz reports that its a removable SCSI 2.  Is this
the source of the ILLEGAL REQUEST message?

FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #11: Wed Jul  3 12:45:46 JST 1996

(ncr0:5:0): "iomega jaz 1GB G.60" type 0 removable SCSI 2
sd2(ncr0:5:0): Direct-Access
sd2(ncr0:5:0): FAST SCSI-2 100ns (10 Mb/sec) offset 8.
sd2(ncr0:5:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0 Invalid field in CDB
sd2 could not mode sense (4). Using ficticious geometry
1021MB (2091050 512 byte sectors)