Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:01:42 -0500
From:      "Eric F Crist" <mnslinky@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?=" <bjoern.koenig@alpha-tierchen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Tunnel issues...

On 3/20/07, Eric F Crist <mnslinky@gmail.com> wrote:

> My ISP tells me it should be prefixlen 126, not 128
>
> On 3/20/07, Bj=F6rn K=F6nig <bjoern.koenig@alpha-tierchen.de > wrote:
> >
> > Eric F Crist schrieb:
> > > [...] I'm performing the configuration as follows:
> > >
> > > ifconfig gif0 create
> > > ifconfig gif0 tunnel <my IPv4 address> <my ISP IPv4 address>
> > > ifconfig gif0 inet6 alias aaaa:aaaa:a::a bbbb:bbbb:b::b prefixlen 126
> > >
> > > When I execute the last command, I get:
> > > ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument
> > >
> > > [...]
> >
> > Use a prefix length of 128 instead of 126.
> >
> > Regards
> > Bj=F6rn

Sorry for the top post earlier.  I've eliminated the second IP address on
the inet6 ifconfig command, and prefixlen 126 is accepted.  Now I just get
no ping replies accross the gif0 interface.  ifconfig shows all the correct
information, and netstat -rn shows valid routes.  What am I missing?  I
*did* have this working at one time this morning, but I tried to get things
into rc.conf and haven't been able to get it back up.

TIA