Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 1995 16:57:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov (Branson Matheson)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: writing bootcode; need a method

Branson Matheson wrote:

> > > sysinstall set things up...  Any ideas?

>  In anycase... why cannot the boot manager take care of this... it _was_
> designed for it.... put the boot manager on your ide drive... and tell it
> to boot from hd(0,a)kernel. I have this setup at home and use it
> frequently for just this reason.

	Because I want to boot hd(1,a)/kernel, NOT hd(0,a)/kernel ...
hd(0,a)/kernel would be a my ide drive, which has no incarnation of FreeBSD on
it whatsoever.  hd(1,a)/kernel is my sd0 drive, which has 2.0 on it.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead -- System/Network Administration, User Support, Software Devel.
Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research