Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:58:54 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail problem

Giorgos,

I apologise for the 'lack of information', but that is exactly the problem I
have myself.

I have checked the maillog file as you suggested, and all I see that relates
to these users are messages like the following:
> -----
> Jun 12 00:44:38 puck sendmail[10856]: XAA10856: timeout waiting for input
from stefan.mip.co.za during message collect
> Jun 12 00:44:38 puck sendmail[10856]: XAA10856: from=<stefan@mip.co.za>,
size=0, class=0, pri=30000, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200106112144.X
AA10856@mip.co.za>, proto=SMTP, relay=stefan.mip.co.za [10.3.15.62]
> -----

I have checked that the IPs are correct, the hostnames are correct, the
relay-domains file does correctly list the hostnames, and my DNS server
(also on another freeBSD box) does correctly resolve these names and IPs
forward and in reverse.

The error above seems to indicate that sendmail has got as far as deciding
it will accept the SMTP message from the client, but the client for some
reason fails to sent the mail content.  Or it is going missing?!?

Any more ideas?

Patrick O'Reilly.