Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:57:55 -0700
From:      Greg Haa <greg@z-axis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Samba 1.9.16 and Freebsd 2.2.2

I have three file servers running FreeBSD 2.2.2 with samba 1.9.16p11
serving a
win 95 network. What happens is this.  Samba seems to be really slow in
giving the
needed files to the win95 boxes even over 100 megabit.  We have tried
compiling
different versions of samba but they are all slow.  We tested samba on
linux and it
 is much quicker than freebsd.  So we tried using the smb.conf file from
linux but
that did not help.  We tried lots of different options with samba in the
.conf file
and some things worked better than others but it still does not work
properly.
If you could give some insight into the problem it would be greatly
appreciated.

Greg Haa
greg@z-axis.com