Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:31:56 -0400
From:      Keith Stevenson <keith.stevenson@louisville.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: helping Wietse help postfix on FreeBSD

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 05:55:38PM -0500, Greg Lehey wrote:

> What system does Wietse normally use?  I've just discovered how very
> badly Linux handles a large number of processes, and it's possible
> that Wietse thinks that FreeBSD is as bad.  Hundreds of processes are
> not an issue; ftp.FreeBSD.org used to handle thousands.  Before we fix
> a problem, we should know what it is, and if it even exists.

I'm joining in a bit late, but it's my understanding that Wietse develops
postfix on an older FreeBSD system.  He may have made some choice
statements about FreeBSD, but his criticisms of Linux, especially the
filesystems, are scorching.

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville