Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:18:00 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Adam Ryan <adam@powersurge.net>
Cc:        "'Lewis Kapell'" <lkapell@ncia.net>, "'Ian Barwick'" <barwick@gmx.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java plugin with Opera possible?

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:59:46PM -0500, Adam Ryan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since the issue was on plugins and getting things to work, does anyone
> know how to get java script and java libraries to work with opera?
>
> Adam

I think I just installed the java/linux-sun-jdk13 port, then added
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns4 to Opera's plugin search
path.  The list of installed plugins as displayed by Opera doesn't always
match reality, but most Java applets I've come across since I installed the
plugin work well enough.

JavaScript support is built in to Opera, although you may need to enable it
on the 'Multimedia' preferences panel.  Opera's JS implementation seems to
have different bugs to anyone else's, so sites that are optimised for IE or
Netscape-specific breakage still might not work too well.

HTH,

	Scott