Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:28:14 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Illustrations" item on 3rd edition Handbook "To Do" ?

For some strange reason I was again reading the "to do" list
for the 3rd edition handbook and noticed the following, which
is marked as "not started":

"Add simple illustrations at the beginning of each Part."

from last year, and checking out the CVSweb entries
for that page of the website, I'm still no closer to figuring
out the intent of this sentence; this is probably due to the
fact that "illustrations" can mean "pictures" or "word pictures",
(e.g. "You are now the server guru for ABC company and
the PHB wants to set up a new department in an unused
closet on the 6th floor ... how do you add 254 IP's to a
network that's already full?"), and the fact that I don't
have a good definition of "Part" in my head.  I assume
that's Part I "Getting Started", Part II - "Common Tasks",
etc?

I dunno if I can contribute or not, but if you can enlighten
me I can at least quit wondering about it ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.