Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:02:25 -0600
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netstat & ipsec on 4.4RC

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 08:56 AM 9/6/01 -0600, Randy Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm getting the following when I try to get the network stat for ipsec:
>>
>> pop2# netstat -p ipsec
>> ipsec: no PCB routine
>
> Yes, this seems broken for me as well :-(  The only old machine I have
> with ipsec is a 4.3 from June 19th, and it works as expected. So
> somewhere between then and now it got broken.

Even more fun.

This is from a machine that I cvsup'd at the same time as pop2 above but
just rebuilt this morning. It seems to work here.

bash-2.04$ uname -a
FreeBSD home2.amigo.net 4.4-RC FreeBSD 4.4-RC #1: Thu Sep  6 08:45:30
MDT 2001     root@home2.amigo.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOME2  i386
bash-2.04$ netstat -p ipsec
ipsec:
         0 inbound packets processed successfully
         0 inbound packets violated process security policy
         0 inbound packets with no SA available
         0 invalid inbound packets
         0 inbound packets failed due to insufficient memory
         0 inbound packets failed getting SPI
         0 inbound packets failed on AH replay check
         0 inbound packets failed on ESP replay check
         0 inbound packets considered authentic
         0 inbound packets failed on authentication
         0 outbound packets processed successfully
         0 outbound packets violated process security policy
         0 outbound packets with no SA available
         0 invalid outbound packets
         0 outbound packets failed due to insufficient memory
         0 outbound packets with no route
bash-2.04$

If there is a problem it's going to be fun to find.

--
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator