Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:35:48 -0700
From:      Dan Mahoney <dmahoney@pe.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic: Double Fault on FreeBSD 3.1

As the subject indicates, I've got a web server that's failing to boot.
It
reports "Panic: Double fault" then does a register dump.

This machine had been running 2.2.8 for a year or so with no problem.
I added a new hard drive and upgraded to 3.1 about a month ago.
About 3 weeks ago I started getting mysterious freeze-ups. Now the
machine just flat won't boot.

What is most likely to be killing me here? Am I looking at a hardware
problem?  Should I be suspecting the new hard drive (IBM 22 GB IDE)
or the RAM?

HELP!

--
Daniel Mahoney                   dmahoney@pe.net

                  Failure is not an option.
    It comes bundled with your Microsoft products