Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 2021 09:55:38 -0500
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?=C5=81ukasz_W=C4=85sikowski?= <lukasz@wasikowski.net>
Cc:        Sean Chittenden <seanc@freebsd.org>, freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Amazon AWS EC2 long standing performance problems

On Feb 6, 2021, at 7:07 AM, =C5=81ukasz W=C4=85sikowski <lukasz@wasikowski.n=
et> wrote:
>=20
All
  So what I was getting at, is do we have good data on what the issue is ? C=
an we make a new wiki page on the FreeBSD wiki to track what works what and =
 doesn=E2=80=99t .  Does one exist ?

To be clear we should check if the issue something that aws is doing with th=
eir xen platform , kvm/qemu one or common to all ? Also does that same issue=
 appear on google and Microsoft=E2=80=99s platforms?  This will at least get=
 some bounds on the problem and  what if any fixes may exist .=20
There are some commercial FreeBSD products running on aws . Maybe the vendor=
s know some stuff that can help ?=20

Thoughts ?=20

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch@longcount.org