Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:14:56 +0100
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dumb names (was Re: Anyone ever tried experts-exchange for freebsd questions?)

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 11:04:08AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Kris Kennaway writes:
> >their website used to be expertsexchange.com, which turned out not to
> >be so well thought out from a marketing perspective.
> Hehe.. that was dumb..

I had a Doh! moment of my own, long before Homer appeared. One place I
worked used "test" as a prefix for user names, followed by the user's
initials. Our hardware supplier, International Computers Limited (the
name is now gone, the remains being part of the Fujitsu empire), wanted
a test user. It was only when listings with TESTICL banner headings
appeared on my desk that I realised what I'd done.

--
Adrian Wontroba