Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:51:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Brandon Bossenbroek <bossenbr@horse.supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Com2 problems

	I'm having problems getting my computer to recognize com2. I have
a acernote light 370C laptop and I'm trying to use a modem card. Right now
I'm using a modem hooked up to com1, but I would really like to get this
card working.

	I installed the PAO pakage, but I'm confused on how to tell ppp
that I want it to use the modem card:

Kernel: device	sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
(not found @ boot)

ppp.conf: set device /dev/cuaa0
(should this be cuaa1, card0, card1 or pcic for the modem card?)

I'm not sure if I need to give com2 a different irq or what.

Any help would be much appreciated,

-Brandon Bossenbroek