Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:27:11 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@Turnaround.com.au>
To:        "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom 10/100 + 56kbps PCMCIA cards

Actually, one thing I'm trying to do (and haven't had that much
experience with) is booting off the 3.1-RELEASE boot floppies to install
3.1-STABLE onto my laptop.

The problem with this is I can't actually get to the main FTP site
without an ethernet link, and this involves getting the Xircom working
before having the OS installed on the laptop's hard drive.

What I've done is compile a custom kernel with the required changes in
there and gzipped this onto the boot floppy, but I was wondering which
boot floppy (MFS or otherwise) has the actual file system on it so I can
create that /etc/pccard.conf file or whatever it was.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? I have the 2.2.7 CD's, so might it
be easier installing this first, then the xe driver, then upgrading?

Cheers,
Joe.