Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:10:49 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD

At 01:21 AM 8/18/99 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

 >It's never been a question of money, coordination, or really anything
>at all to do with engineering.  It has everything to do with one or
>more individuals volunteering the time necessary for making something
>like this happen.
>
>That also goes for just about every other obvious idea or clear
>shortcoming that one might note for FreeBSD - if it's obvious or
>clear, chances are excellent that it's been both suggested many times
>and failed many times due to lack of this one key missing ingredient. :)

With a larger (merged) talent pool, it'd be more likely to succeed. The
biggest trick, of course, would be dealing with personalities, not code.

I'll say this much, though: the OpenBSD approach to crypto export restrictions
(i.e. keeping the code in Canada) is brilliant and could help FreeBSD.

--Brett Glass