Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:46:01 +0100
From:      Patrick Hurrelmann <outi@bytephobia.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   No acpi with 6.1-BETA4 floppies?

Hi everyone,

I tried to do a remote install of a amd64-based server with some 6.1-BETA4 floppies.

As it turns, 6.1-BETA4 floppies do NOT contain a acpi.ko and therefore the amd64 may refuse to boot (heard sth. about boot-problems of amd64 boxes without acpi). The install would be remote and I need to overwrite the existing linux. So i wanted at least to be sure it will boot amd64.

I checked with 6.1-BETA4 floppy-images and indeed they do contain acpi.ko.
Will acpi.ko come back to the install floppies or has it been dropped intenionally?

Thx,

Patrick

Patrick Hurrelmann   | "Programming today is a race between software
Mannheim, Germany    | engineers striving to build bigger and better
                     | idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
outi@bytephobia.de   | to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,
www.bytephobia.de    | the Universe is winning."         - Rich Cook

                  /"\
                  \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign