Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 21:57:50 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh -X remote does not work due to problem with xauth

On 05/10/18 21:47, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Christoph Moench-Tegeder (cmt@burggraben.net):
>
>> I haven't yet checked what causes these differing defaults.
>
> Well, now that I thought about it: most Linux distributions build their
> X server with "--enable-xcsecurity" in the configure flags. FreeBSD
> does not set that flag, as far as I can see. Next question: why?

Hi!
It could be because of backwards compatibility, or, because at least I
wasn't really aware of that flag.  Is it for xserver or some other package?
If you have time, please try it out and see what happens.  Usually you
can add it to CONFIGURE_ARGS= in the ports makefile and recompile the
port.  I'm occupied elsewhere currently, but if I remember I'll look
into it as well.
Regards
--
Niclas