Date:      Fri, 25 May 2012 15:35:34 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Packages target

Hi,

over the past few weeks I've been using the ports system without any
ports-mgmt tool and have become utterly convinced that the PACKAGE_SEQ
needs to be PACKAGE_SUSEQ for all but package-message.
The primary reason is that the install target can install hierarchies or
files not readable by the unprivileged user and as such the package
target will fail.

I'm not aware of any downsides to making this change in bpm or am I
overlooking something?
--
Mel