Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:24:33 -0400
From:      Derrick Edwards <dantavious@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic on FreeBSD 6.0BETA1

=A0=A0=A0Hi all,
I decided to try and help with testing 6-BETA1, after updating sources and
recompiling i get the following during boot up. I am tried booting without
hyperthreading enabled in the bios and I still get the same panic.

=46atal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid =3D 0; apic id =3D00
fault virtual address =3D 0x480008
fault code =3D supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer =3D 0x20:0xc06923cc
stack pointer =3D 0x28:0xc10208ec

Code segment =3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=3D DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1

processor eflags =3D interrupt enabled, resyne, IOPL =3D 0
current process =3D 0 (swapper)
[thread pid 0tid0]
Stopped at strlen+0x8: cmpb $0,0(%edx)

I left all the debugging features in the current however, I am not sure
exactly how to trace this problem. If someone could point me to any doc that
would allow to provide more information that would =A0be great. I updated my
pen 400MHZ using the same procedures and all went well. Please help

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (1866.74-MHz 686-class CPU)
=A0 Origin =3D "GenuineIntel" =A0Id =3D 0xf29 =A0Stepping =3D 9
=A0
=46eatures=3D0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PG=
E,MCA,
CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,D TS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
=A0 Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs
real memory =A0=3D 1073676288 (1023 MB)
avail memory =3D 1036931072 (988 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <IntelR AWRDACPI>
=46reeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
=A0cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID: =A00
=A0cpu1 (AP): APIC ID: =A01

Thanks for your assistance
Derrick