Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:35:43 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        vincent@netaktiv.com, tech@gitoyen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Subject:   Re: BTX on USB pen drive

--nextPart1227457.lgPNTGYWgV

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > I think you can use GRUB, because it is used in stage where all
> > systems works the same way and amd64 kernel will be booted in later
> > stage.
>
> All of what you've said is correct.  I'm not sure who's having
> problems with GRUB on USB sticks, because yes, it does work.  (There
> are some USB stick models, however, which do not support booting.=20
> That's a vendor/manufacturer problem however.)

My experience with GRUB is limited to trying to get the port to install=20
on an amd64 machine (failed)..

And as Rink says - amd64 kernels rely on things the loader does to work,=20
although I guess it might be possible to add that to GRUB.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum