Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:58:43 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@ais.salford.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real time clock problem in 3.1-STABLE

Mark Powell wrote:

> Something to do with the kernel not understanding the Real Time Clock
> hardware properly? Checking through the ntp logs I note that for one time
> whilst the machine was up the time was getting set correctly. However,
> after the next reboot the clock was drifting again.

There is one sysctl that is related to the clock. You'll find a
reference to it in LINT, I *think* near the APM stuff. I suggest you
try tweaking this sysctl.

As for securelevel and lack of APM in your BIOS, your response
indicates the problem isn't related to either.

This is as far as I can help you. If the sysctl stuff doesn't help,
either someone else steps up, or I suggest you file a PR.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"nothing better than the ability to perform cunning linguistics"