Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:14:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sys/vfs.h

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Frank Seltzer wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > > Do we have an equivalent file to this Linux file? I am trying to build
> > > XVFilemanager and mount.c has
> > >
> > > 	#include <sys/vfs.h>
> > >
> > > which causes the build to fall over.
> >
> > It depends on what it wants out of it.
> >
> > Possibilities are:
> >
> > mount.h		Contains mount related structures and manifest
> > 		constants; this is your most likely candidate.
> > 		Note: I am not happy with manifest definitions
> > 		of file system types here; you will probably
> > 		have to add "yet-another-one".  This is because
> > 		the BSD mount(2) system call needs a facelift.
> >
> > vnode_if.h	The vnode interface; this file is generated as
> > 		part of the build process by kern/vnode_if.sh.
> >
> > vnode.h		Probably not what you want; details the in-core
> > 		vnode structures.
> >

> > 					Terry Lambert
> > 					terry@lambert.org
> > ---
> > Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
> > or previous employers.
> >

> I will give it a try with these files substituted and see what happens. On
> closer inspection, it seems that this app was not written with portability
> beyond Linux in mind so I may not have much luck.

You may try first to remove this include at all, and see what it complains
about (most notably "incomplete type" warnings), and then grep our source
tree for these definitions.

Sincerely yours,

---
Andrzej Bialecki                  FreeBSD: Turning PCs Into Workstations
<abial@warman.org.pl>             http://www.freebsd.org
Research and Academic Network in Poland