Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:54:01 +0000
From:      rjent <rjent@rjent.pair.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   amanda ?? backup server machine only?

Greetings,

I have an a backup question:

>From looking through all the groups and ports I have decided that amanda

is what I should probably be using to backup with with my skill level
but I can not get it to work.  I feel like I have all the directories
setup and I get no errors back about anything except:

amdump daily it can not find myname.my.domain or myname or localhost

saying  request all those above timmed out.

I only have the 1 machine no network clients.  So I just want to backup
the server  I must have missed something.

disklist is like:

myname /etc  nocomp-root

selfcheck says  all is ok when I try amcheck -s daily  so I think I am
close but just can't figure out how to backup just the server:(

Any thoughts welcome:)

Thanks!

--
http://www.rjent.pair.com