Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2007 06:46:18 +0300
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@freebsd.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: desktop-file-utils port problem

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:03:49AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 08:49 +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > It seems recently builded on -current update-desktop-database dumps cor=
e=20
> > without /usr/share/applications exist (and it isn't exist after default=
=20
> > installation). It is one of the MIMEDIRS in Makefile. Perhaps it is=20
> > related to recent gettext update, but I am sure I rebuild everything.=
=20
> > After mkdir /usr/share/applications it runs normally and creates=20
> > mimeinfo.cache there too.
>=20
> You're not the only one who has reported this, and it does seem to be
> related to the gettext update plus a non-C locale, but I cannot
> reproduce.  I have tried French, Spanish, and Russian LANGs, but
> update-desktop-database doesn't crash.
>=20
> So far, the only backtrace I've seen of this crash points to a thread
> problem (possibly the mixing of libpthread and libthr).  Can you give a
> full backtrace of this crash?

I try to debug the problem a bit and compile it with -g but there is no=20
useful info in the core dump - stack is totally corrupted and only thread=
=20
and signal calls there, no signle meaningful function name. In that=20
situation I found that crash depends of all dirs exists using simple debug=
=20
printfs :)

There is no libthr in resulting file as ldd shows - only libpthread. I=20
have no apps/libs builded with libthr at all.

Yes, the crash happens with Russian locale LANG ru_RU.KOI8-R

--=20
http://ache.pp.ru/

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--