Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:23:09 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        Il%j Sipicin <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kerberos 5

> what is the difference between MIT and KTH versions ?

MIT is more feature complete in an enterprise space.  Heimdal is
decent, but doesn't have any of the nifty features that MIT does
(password classes and expiration).  All the same, Heimdal has readline
support and that's a heavy point in Heimdal's favor.

> what is security/krb5 ? is it legal for Russia ? is it different from
> MIT Kerberos included with base distribution ?

MIT isn't included with the base.  I use security/krb5 and it works
great.  Heimdal doesn't work with CVS or PostgreSQL to my knowledge.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden