Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:54:10 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Readdir() unlink() interaction

Dear All,

I'm curious what the specified behaviour is of readdir() after and unlink().
The manual pages of these functions do not specify this.

I'm asking this in relation to PR kern/26142, where you will infd a little
test program to reproduce the problem. I've just done so on FreeBSD 4.3 RC
and and Solaris. FreeBSD NFS mounts cause problems, Solaris NFS or FreeBSD
local mounts show expected behaviour.

Is there any documentation that specifies unlink()/readdir() interaction?

    Kees Jan