Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:51:15 +0100
From:      J.S. <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Filename tool?

Hi.

I have large collection of files within many branches of filetypes, and
before they enter my 'main' collection I have to manually change the
filenames so that I am satisfied with the way they are.

E.g.:

Artist_-_Dis'z_Deh_Name_Of_My_Song_(My_Remix)-GROUP.mp3

I rename to:

artist-disz_deh_name_of_my_song-my_remix-group.mp3

Is that 100% POSIX compliant or what? =)

Anyway, I was wondering if there existed a tool which can organize both
files and directories the same way I do. Perhaps even better?