Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2014 13:39:28 -0500
From:      "Brian M. Waters" <brianmwaters@gmail.com>
To:        Kim Twain <kimtwain0@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel graphics not working after S3 resume on ThinkPad T430

A partial solution, at least from a user perspective:

Recompile the kernel with VESA driver disabled, and resume should work
from within an X session. (At least it did for me on 9.2).

My understanding w/ regards to the console - specifically, concerning
suspend/resume and KMS from X to console - is that neither work
currently, but there is a completely new console driver in the works
that should address this issue (https://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons). So
in practice, you may simply be waiting for newcons to come out.

- BW