Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 97 09:25:02
From:      "Nicholas Lysaght" <nickl@ami.com.au>
To:        "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fwd: MY NEW FREEBSD PARTITION

>From: "Nicholas Lysaght" <nickl@ami.com.au>
>To: "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 97 09:19:29
>Subject: MY NEW FREEBSD PARTITION

Hi There

I am really interested in running FreeBSD as a 3rd partition on my HDD. I have downloaded and made a boot
floppy but have stalled for the moment, as I need to resolve these queries before I continue.

1) Is there somewhere in Perth, Western Australia that I could purchase your official CD-ROM version, as that
is much more convenient (for me) than downloading from the Net.

2) What minimum partition size would be neccessary to run base requirements for FreeBSD, VI, and XFree 86
(XWindows)?

3) At this present time I have 0S/2 Warp and DOS/win95 partitions. I would be prepared to re-partition to
include FreeBSD (I did the same with Linux), but I would want OS/2's Boot Manager to remain the premier
partition re-director. Is that possible?

4) Finally (whew!), I have an Iomega 100 Zip Drive. Do you know of any program, either from Iomega
themselves, or freeware to you, that would allow me to run my Zip Drive on FreeBSD.

I look forward to your reply.

NICK