Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 09:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Michael Haro <mharo@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc

:> this mean that the security/sudo port should keep its tty tickets
:> in /var/db/sudo, not /var/run/sudo as it currently does?  Or are those
:> also meant to expire at shutdown?
:
:Since this directory is used for timestamps that expire in a short period
:of time, I see no problem with it being wiped by /etc/rc and thus it
:should be left in /var/run.  If you disagree, I could move the directory
:to /var/db.
:
:Opinions?
:
:Michael

    I would think that a tty tickets file should be wiped on reboot, since
    there is no guarentee that the same user (in the general sense) will
    wind up on the same tty after the reboot.

						-Matt