Date:      Fri, 15 May 2015 11:38:16 +0900
From:      "Daisuke Aoyama" <aoyama@peach.ne.jp>
To:        "Andreas Andersson" <aandersson@tappsi.co>, <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Performance issues with raspberry pi 2

Hi,

> But freebsd 11 on rpi2 suffers permance issues. Severely.
>
> For instance, the same code I am running (tornado project which inserts
> stuff to rabbitmq) is running at ~190 req/s or 190 publishments/sec (to
> rabbitmq) on raspbian.
>
> On FreeBSD 11 this is at around 85/s.

Did you enable powerd?
RPi2 firmware boot up with 600MHz(power saved mode). It's slower than RPi1 such as model B+.
The maximum rated frequency(900MHz in RPi2 case) can be used when you enable powerd or set
sysctl value.
powerd is requirement on RPi2, not an option like RPi1 anymore.

I suggest that you enable powerd in FreeBSD official image and/or crochet for RPi2.

Regards,
--
Daisuke Aoyama