Date:      27 Sep 2000 09:33:36 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pulse poll at Borland

Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be> writes:
> 	Me, I'll vote for BeOS.  From everything I've heard, we would be
> far better off without them, and I'll be happy if they waste their
> time on a totally dead-end OS like that.

I wouldn't call BeOS a dead-end OS. It suffers from dead-end
marketing, but it's actually a very nice desktop/multimedia OS.

Regarding what you've heard about Borland, maybe you'd be better off
making up your own opinion instead of relying too much on what other
people say. Delphi has a rather fanatical horde of opponents - mostly
people who dislike RAD, and attempt to discredit Delphi because it's
the oldest and most prominent RAD language - and far from all the
criticism it has received is deserved.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org