Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 15:51:35 -0700
From:      Larry Cline <lcline@ibeam.jf.intel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems compiling PCNFSd

I am having trouble compiling pcnfs for FreeBSD 2.0R and I was hoping someone
could help me out. The installation is from the CD ROM

The problem occurs when it tries to link.  Without modifications to the
makefile gets the error "-lrpc - No match" or something similar (I don't have
access to the system right now).  After I modified the makefile to try to
access the rpc and rpcsvc libraries it gets a different error " _crypt"
Referenced from text segment"".  The function that is being called is
crypt() in pcnfsd_v1.c

I grabbed the DES installation from the ftp site and installed it thinking
that the CD probably didn't have the full installation on it.  All that
happened was that xlock started working.   B-)

Any suggestions?

	Larry

Larry T. Cline  Intel, Hillsboro Or.
lcline@ibeam.intel.com   (503) 696-6058   AlphaPager: (503) 220-9824
Don't ask me! Call griff 6-8841...
These are not Intel's opinions; these are not my opinions; I rented them.