Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:37:05 -0400
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Scheidell <michael.scheidell@secnap.com>
Cc:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@FreeBSD.org>, "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: etoile ports dropped for strange reason (Re: freebsd-ports Digest, Vol 474, Issue 7)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:40:15AM +0000, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> Sorry if I confused you with more than one  comment in one email. Next
> time I will send multiple emails with just one comment in each  email.
> I hope this helps.

Please try to be civil.

The release in our ports tree is not recommended upstream anymore.
Quoting the upstream webpage: "Take note they [old releases] won't
usually work with recent LLVM and GNUstep releases."

As the port is unmaintained and the version in our tree is not
recommended for use anymore it was deprecated. Sure, the reason could be
more clear. I will commit an update that reflects that to make it more
clear.

If you would like to see this port remain in the tree I recommend
adopting it and keeping it in working order (first step is to update it
to a recommended release).

-- WXS