Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:17:30 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 PR is not very good...

[[cc's trimmed, this is a general reply not directed at anyone in
particular]]

Believe it or else, this was discussed not too long ago.  A press
release was written for 5.0, and is available

http://www.freebsd.org/news/press-rel-7.html

Sadly, getting this press release onto newswire would cost a sum of
money we just don't have, and contacting journalists directly is very
time-consuming.  But a few of us with @freebsd.org addresses are
working on it.

There was much discussion of an advocacy project not too long ago,
just a couple months in fact.  We went so far as to write a to-do
list, which should still be in the archives.

What happened?

*Nothing.*

This discussion generated sound and fury, but signified nothing.

I would really like some help pushing FreeBSD on the media.  If folks
want to help, go grab the to-do list out of the archives and get to
work!

You don't have to be a committer, but in that same -advocacy thread I
described the Easy Way to Become a Committer, with me as your sponsor.

We need more advocacy.

We know what to do.

Please, if you want to help, grab that to-do list and get to work!

At the moment, I'm afraid I'm not feeling like discussing this much
further.  We talked it to death last time, and nothing happened.
Anyone who wants to help, please do so!  Start by doing something, not
by talking about how bad it is!

==ml

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org

           Absolute BSD:   http://www.AbsoluteBSD.com/