Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:33:00 -0500
From:      robert <robert@mhi-tx.com>
To:        freebsd list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   upgrading from 2.2.6

hello, I am trying to upgrade from 2.2.6 but I am having much trouble.
It seems there are problems with the elf libraries. I have tried the
make aout-to-elf but it fails using both the old and new kernel. I
bought the 3.1 cdroms because I thought I just didn't have the right
data but still no dice.
Anyone have any pointers for upgrading?? I have tried the make world
document that seems to be the only one out there but the compiles fail
for that also.
If there are no quick fixes I guess I will roll up my sleeves and start
mucking with the make files.
any clues would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Robert
ps please email directly as I am not currently subscribed to the list.
thanks