Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:22:05 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Ernst de Haan' <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>, 'Mike Harding' <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        "'java@FreeBSD.ORG'" <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Updated www/orion --> 1.5.2_7

Dear Ernst,

> > Using default passwords is simply a bad idea. Remember the
> > slashdot test
> > site hack from a while back? Oracle anyone? (Was it Oracle?
> > I'm not sure, big database vendor).
>
> Okay. Got the point. You're right.

Sorry to yell. Long week. |-(

> Okay, what if I let the port ask for the admin password if
> the port is run
> from the commandline, while I will disable the admin account
> if the port is run in a batch ?

I dislike ports that need manual input, but that's just my personal
preference. I do my configuration post-install, because I backup only config
files I actually changed. For that I need to know which ones they are, so
I'll be manually editing them anyway, regardless of how helpful the port was
in filling them in.

That's just me, though.

    Kees Jan