Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:22:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd ARP problem - can't intuit?

Hi All
 I have a really weird problem were two computers are on the same network
 but cannot seem to get one of them to arp the other.
 When I try to do it manually, I get the weird response below.

root@:/> arp -s computer.domain.com 00:e0:c9:s5:d9:b9 temp=20
cannot intuit interface index and type for computer.domain.com

 Also, what causes this?
vir1.domain.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.3) at (incomplete)

 Any help would be apprecciated

  Thanks!

   Nicole

                          | o_o  |__  ) )          =20