Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:29:00 -0500
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@willinet.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Onboard video

Hi,

I want to set up a dedicated FreeBSD machine, and have been watching
some of the discount houses to find something at a really good price,
and may have found my machine. But I'm wondering has anyone had much
luck setting up X to run on a machine with the Intel on-board shared
memory video? I have never used one of these for anything, so I know
nothing about them. I'm currently running Linux on an old IBM with
on-board video, but it has it's own memory and seems to work just like an
add on card.

Ultimately I want to get FreeBSD set up as my main workstation, so I
would like to make sure I pick up something that is going to work right
from the start.

--
 Lute
 -- Inspiring new Signature file pending --