Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:43:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My wi(4) ate itself (or Fun with no memory).

In message: <20021230113644.A17112@FreeBSD.org>
            Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: I ran some stuff overnight which exhausted my system's memory fairly well,
: and was also thrashing around on my network, and I woke up to find that my
: wi(4) blew up more or less:
:
: wi0: watchdog timeout
: wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0002; event status 0x8000
: wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0000; event status 0x8000
: wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.

The firmware on your card hung hard.  The wi driver doesn't deal with
that at all well (although one could rightly argue it should).  Why
the firmware hung hard, I cannot say.

Warner