Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 01:22:56 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
To:        Henry Vogt <henry@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
Cc:        Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF X11

Same here... but /usr/local/lib/libkdecore* exists.

So I re-ran ldconfig -R but it didn't help.

So then I removed the hints files and ran ldconfig -R again
and it seemed to get a bit further.  Then it was complaining
about some other library I dont recall which I gave it away
then and thought that twm aint that bad afterall ;)

Henry Vogt wrote:

> > Joachim Kuebart wrote:
> > Doug White wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > The XFree86 port has been ELFed and it appears to work okay - using it on
> > > my -CURRENT crash box.  I can't build KDE though to really hammer it.  I
> > > hate twm :(
> >
> > Please tell me where you got stuck with KDE. I've got it all running
> > over here for over two weeks now with not a single glitch (well,
> > KDE doesn't do much more than display two or three xterm's...  I
> > hate kterm :-). a.out-Netscape is running quite a lot as well, though.
> >
> > cu Jo
> >

> Hi,
> this is what i get trying to compile the actual kde port.
> (using an ELF'd 3.0-BETA (SMP) System.)  All goes well (Mesa2,qt140)
> until and including 'kdelibs', but then 'kdebase' fails:
>
> ---------------------------- C U T -------------------------------
> ===>   kde-1.0 depends on shared library: kdecore\.1\.0 - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for kdecore\.1\.0 in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs
> ===>   Returning to build of kde-1.0
> Error: shared library "kdecore\.1\.0" does not exist
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> ---------------------------- C U T -------------------------------
>
> Regards
>
> Henry
>
> --
> //
> // Do you suffer from long term memory loss ? I don't remember:-(
> //
> // Henry Vogt (henry@BA-Stuttgart.De)
> // Goethestr. 12, 71672 Marbach (Neckar),  Tel. 07144/841653
> //

|Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au|
"If it is true that our Universe has a zero net value for all conserved
quantities, then it may simply be a fluctuation of the vacuum of some
larger space in which our Universe is imbedded. In answer to the
question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our
Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."
 E. P. Tryon   from "Nature" Vol.246 Dec.14, 1973