Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:29:16 +0000
From:      Gareth McCaughan <gjm11@dpmms.cam.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird idea. :)

J"org suggested including the Jargon File in /usr/share/dict
with the dictionary files.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Jargon File should be in there,
but I'm not sure that's the right place for it. Isn't it reasonable
for users to expect that anything in /usr/share/dict is a wordlist,
containing only valid words (in some sense)? The Jargon File, in
whatever version you take, contains markup of one sort or another.

I suggest that the Jargon File should go in /usr/share/doc.

--
Gareth McCaughan       Dept. of Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics,
gjm11@dpmms.cam.ac.uk  Cambridge University, England.