Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:43:54 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, lofi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibility for FreeBSD 4.11 Extended Support

> Because everybody knows that odd numbered releases aren't stable.

I've been 20 years in electronics & comouting and thats the first
time I have ever heard anyone say that! Steer clear of '.0' releases
is well known, but suspecting something just because of the odd or
evenness of it's numbering scheme seems like pure superstition.

Especually since we are Unix people, and the two of the
'biggies' in history are Version 7, System 5 ;-)

-pete.