Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:46:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0 release

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Oleg Ogurok wrote:

> >          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > it smells like it will be able to run on 4Mb of RAM.
> > is that correct ?
> >
> I am not sure about this, but it will definetely smell (stink) on 4mb ;)
> People, RAM doesn't cost big $$$ anymore ;-)
>
> -Oleg.

Thought prices were up again quite a lot. Here in any case.

Anyway, there are 386 PC's which simply can't store more RAM or which
have 4 * 1 MB and would need 4 * 4 MB, costing $ 50 (in my country). It
would be nice if these old PC's were usable, esp. for people to try
FreeBSD. You cannot, of course, sacrifice anything useful for that reason.
It would be nice though, if possible.

Marc

--
Marc Schneiders