Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:16:21 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        alan barrow <alan.barrow@psineteurope.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: anybody try a Newisys box?

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:33:25AM +0100, alan barrow wrote:
> As far as I understand newisys make board level changes to add specific
> functionality to the system.  But the system is based on a tyan 2882
> mobo, with the IPMI card.

VERY wrong.  Newisys machines are from the ground up designed systems.
In fact the Newisys Khepri 2100 was the first non-AMD AMD64 machine --
even before Taiwan, Inc. had mobos.  The Newisys machines are the most
advanced AMD64 systems in existance, except for the later
released HP DL585.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)