Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Quattlebaum <sasdrq@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 2.1.5 install from toshiba atapi cd

Hello there,

I have the following setup at home:

Gateway P5-120 Professional Computer
Two Quantum 1.0G drives - 2112 Cyls, 63 Heads, 13 Sectors
One Toshiba 8x CD rom (atapi) on separate IDE controller as
   master device.

The boot kernel from my 2.1.5 Walnut Creek CD (August 96) does
not recognize my CD when it boots.

I am trying to install FreeBSD on my d: drive.

What available options do I have for installing on this home
computer with no network connection. I even tried install the
minimum configuration from a DOS partition (c:\freebsd) but that
failed after starting with the message "-1 bytes read of 1024".

--
David Quattlebaum, (sasdrq@unx.sas.com)

"Why if only we were all wiener dogs, our problem would be solved!"