Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:10:02 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        Gustavo Vieira G C Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: assembly

> I don't believe (i am sorry if i am wrong, but i am a beginner)!
> If i use assembly i do not need to read a file via read API, i can
> access the HD directly, without to check for access permissions, right ?

You're a self-confessed beginner, and you keep coming back with
questions, but now you say you don't believe the answers.  So
why waste our time and yours by asking?  As others have said,
you are wrong.  Unix is not DrOS.

> If so, i can hack a UNIX system (no matter which) using assembly!

If you're so sure of this, why don't you have a go and see how
you get on?  But you might as well save yourself the effort ...

> Am i wrong ?

Yes, yes, yes.

Have a look around, find some recommendations, then go and look
for some decent introductory books in the areas of Unix that
you'd like to learn about first.  When you feel comfortable with
those aspects of the system, repeat the process in another area.
Keep repeating this until you have covered it all.  Then start
over with the first set and do it all again because you'll learn
a lot more the second time around.

If you run into things along the way that you'd like help with,
then by all means come back here with your questions.  But do
try to avoid telling us that you don't believe the answers, at
least if you don't have any basis for not believing them.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>