Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:23:11 +0100
From:      Roderick van Domburg <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ep0 hard lockup during install (CURRENT)

Hello,

For three days in a row now I have tried installing the most recent 5.0
snapshots on my Armada V300 from floppies. I have also tried the RC2 floppies.

Unfortunately, the system freezes up solid when it configures ep0. I have a
DHCP server here but manually entering the IP configuration results in the same
hard lockup. No error messages of any kind are given, I can't switch to pty2
and the kernel doesn't panic. It just locks up completely and indefinitely.

ep0 is a PCMCIA card. I have two of such cards, one being a 3C589, the other a
3CXE589DC. Both cards produce the same result but worked fine on 4-STABLE.

I have tried reinserting the cards both before and during the network
configuration and have also fiddled with the USB legacy support setting in the
system BIOS (not too much options to fiddle with unfortunately), but to no
avail. The kernel messages on pty1 and debug messages on pty2 show no deviating
messages.

Hope you can help!

Roderick